Get the Support You Need to Tackle Insomnia with Our Online Services
Insomnia is the inability to sleep or the inability to have a quality night’s rest. According to the CDC, “Insomnia affects one-third of Americans. Without proper sleep, a person may experience problems with concentration affecting productivity at work or success at school. If left untreated, insomnia can cause some chronic diseases.
Sleep is very important to our mental, emotional and physical health. Acute insomnia can be treated at Priority Virtual Healthcare. Acute insomnia is insomnia lasting for less than 1 month with an identifiable cause.
Practicing Good Sleep Hygiene Is A Great Start In Improving Insomnia
What is sleep hygiene? This is a daily routine of preparing oneself for a restful night. This can include a time for stopping the day’s activity to prepare your mind and body to wind down. This may be difficult if you have children or a large family, but getting the family in the habit of practicing good sleep hygiene can be great for everyone whether young or old.
How Can You Practice Good Sleep Hygiene?
How Can I Get Quality Rest?
If you need assistance with sleeping, schedule an appointment today at (334) 866-0880. A healthcare professional is able to prescribe medications that may help you get a good night’s rest.
Symptoms of insomnia may include:
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Waking up frequently during the night
- Waking up too early in the morning
- Feeling tired or unrefreshed after sleep
- Difficulty concentrating or staying alert during the day
- Mood changes such as irritability or depression
- How is insomnia diagnosed?
- To diagnose insomnia, a healthcare provider will typically ask about your sleep patterns and any symptoms you are experiencing. They may also ask about any medical conditions you have, medications you are taking, and any other factors that may be affecting your sleep. In some cases, a healthcare provider may recommend a sleep study to help diagnose insomnia.
If left untreated, insomnia can have long-term effects on health and well-being. Chronic insomnia can lead to ongoing sleep deprivation, which can have negative impacts on physical and mental health. It is important to seek treatment for insomnia to prevent these negative effects.